The beach is a great place to spend the day, but if you have back problems then sitting in ordinary beach chairs can be difficult.
If you have been to the beach and struggled to find a beach chair that was comfortable, this blog post is for you!
We will be discussing different beach chairs that are perfect for bad backs. These chairs have features such as adjustable reclining positions, lumbar supportive design, armrests and headrests which help support your body while sitting down.
By the end of the article, we hope that you will know which beach chair is best suited for your back needs!
- 1 Types of Beach Chairs for People with Bad Backs
- 2 Beach Chairs for Back Pain Buying Guide
- 3 Beach Chairs for Bad Backs Reviews
- 3.1 PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Reclining Patio Chair Review
- 3.2 STRONGBACK Elite Folding Camping Lawn Lounge Chair Heavy Duty Camp Outdoor Seat
- 3.3 RIO Beach 4-Position Lace-Up Backpack Folding Beach Chair
- 3.4 Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair Oversized Recliner
- 3.5 STRONGBACK Low Gravity Beach Chair Heavy Duty Portable Camping and Lounge Travel Outdoor Seat
- 4 Parting Shot
Types of Beach Chairs for People with Bad Backs
Recliner Beach Chairs
Recliner beach chairs have adjustable backrests and armrests, which make them perfect for people with bad backs.
Recliner beach chairs can be folded up completely so they don’t take up much space in the car or at home either! This makes it easier to get these beach chairs down to the beach without having too many heavy objects.
Low Gravity Beach Chairs
Low gravity beach chairs are beach chairs with a low seating position. They are very similar to recliner beach chairs but they don’t have the backrest that goes up and down like the recliner beach chairs.
Low gravity beach chairs are perfect for people who do not want something too high off the ground, making them great for bad backs!
Beach Chairs With Canopies
A beach chair canopy is typically attached on one side or both sides of your regular beach chair so it provides extra shade while you lay out in the sun at the beach all day! These can be adjusted by moving them up and down, which makes our lives easier when we need more protection from sunlight. A lot of these adjustable canopies
Crescent Chairs For People
Crescent beach chairs are another great option because of their crescent shape design. These types of beach chairs give you support on both sides, making it easier for you to get in and out of the beach chair.
These beach chairs are good for people with bad backs because they have wider designs, which provide more support when you sit down or lay out at the beach all day!
Folding Beach Chairs
It is important that your beach chair can be folded up so it doesn’t take up much space when you aren’t using it. Folding beach chairs are perfect if you want a beach chair just for yourself or one that will fit into small spaces like car trunks or closets. This way, these folding beach chairs do not clutter our home either! Most foldable beach chairs also come with handles on top so they are easy to carry around the beach.
Folding beach chairs are perfect for people with bad backs because they can be adjusted to the right height, have wide seats and armrests, which help support your body while sitting down!
Related: Can You Go to the Beach at Night?
Beach Chairs for Back Pain Buying Guide
The following are some of the factors you need to consider when buying a beach chair for a bad back:
- Price: beach chairs for bad backs can range from $50 to over a hundred dollars. Keep in mind that you will have the chair for quite some time, so spending more money now may be worth it.
- Material: if you are out on the beach all day then lightweight beach chairs may not cut it; make sure your beach chair is made of sturdy material like aluminum or steel!
- Backrest height: beach chairs with high backrests provide great support and take pressure off of your spine.
- Armrest: beach chairs with armrests are great for people with bad backs because they allow you to relax and enjoy yourself.
- Headrest: beach chairs with headrests are perfect for beachgoers with bad backs who want to lie down and relax.
- Cup holder: if you plan on taking your beach chair on the beach then make sure it has a cup holder so you don’t have to worry about spilling drinks!
- Ease of use: if a beach chair is difficult to set up or fold, then it will be more trouble than it’s worth. Make sure the beach chair has latches that lock easily without too much hassle!
- Weight capacity: beach chairs that are more lightweight may not be good for people with bad backs because they do not offer as much support. Make sure your beach chair has a weight limit of at least 250 pounds!
- Sun umbrella: beach umbrellas provide protection from the sun, which is especially important if you have to sit in direct sunlight all day long while reading or relaxing under the shade.
- Foldability: beach chairs that can fold up and then pop back open easily without too much trouble make it better when trying to find room in small places like car trunks and closets!
- Leather vs fabric: beach chairs made out of leather materials last longer than those made out of fabric; however, if you don’t plan on leaving your beach chair outside for too long then you can get beach chairs made out of fabric that is just as durable!
These factors will help narrow down which beach chair is best suited for you, while still having an enjoyable experience at the beach!
Beach Chairs for Bad Backs Reviews
It’s beach season! You’ve spent all winter dreaming about the beach, and now it’s finally here. The only problem is that your back aches after sitting on a beach chair for just an hour.
Do you have to give up your beach dreams? Not at all!
Below, we’ll discuss the best beach chairs for bad backs.
PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Reclining Patio Chair Review
This is a high-quality product that is sure to bring you the maximum amount of relaxation while at the beach. PORTAL takes ergonomics very seriously, and this chair reflects it in every way possible.
The chair comes with a mesh backrest that ensures airflow through the entire surface, ensuring an even cooler seating experience than before.
The arms are just as sturdy and supportive for your forearms as ever, along with being made out of highly durable materials so they can last against constant use during all seasons.
The beach chair also has a cupholder, so you can drink your favorite beverage without having to worry about it spilling or falling out of place.
STRONGBACK Elite Folding Camping Lawn Lounge Chair Heavy Duty Camp Outdoor Seat
The STRONGBACK Elite Folding Camping Lawn Lounge Chair Heavy Duty Camp Outdoor Seat has many great features that are designed to help you relax at the beach.
One of these features is a comfortable mesh backrest which allows for airflow throughout the surface, keeping you cool while sitting in it all day long.
The beach chair also has sturdy arms with soft padding on them to ensure your forearms don’t feel uncomfortable when resting upon them for extended periods of time.
It also comes equipped with a cup holder so you can drink water or other beverages without having to worry about where they’ll end up spilling if an accident happens!
Related: Best Heavy-Duty Beach Carts
RIO Beach 4-Position Lace-Up Backpack Folding Beach Chair
The RIO Beach 4-Position Lace-Up Backpack Folding Beach Chair is one of the best beach chairs for bad backs because it provides support to your back, neck, and legs.
Its backpack straps are adjustable so you can find a position that works well with your body.
The RIO Beach Chair also has an attached cup holder which allows you to drink while lounging on the beach without needing to hold onto your beverage.
Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair Oversized Recliner
The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair Oversized Recliner is a great beach chair for people with bad backs.
It is also large and sturdy enough to hold plus-size people with ease! And has a weight capacity of 350 lbs.
Timber Ridge offers adjustable reclining positions: upright, zero gravity (lying completely flat) as well as tilted back slightly at an angle that allows your body to rest comfortably without putting any pressure on your spine or hips while still providing support where needed most such as under your legs and arms.
STRONGBACK Low Gravity Beach Chair Heavy Duty Portable Camping and Lounge Travel Outdoor Seat
The STRONGBACK Low Gravity Beach Chair can improve one’s overall experience when they’re out on the beach.
It offers a cooler spot to sit and read or relax while keeping your feet in the water. The beach chair has been designed for those who have bad backs so it is comfortable to use all day long without any back pain.
The chair provides you with added comfort from its contoured design which cradles you into softness as well as being easy to carry around. It weighs 8.5 pounds due to its powder-coated durable steel frame.
The STRONGBACK even has a lumbar supportive design that aligns your body posture to provide relief to your spine ease tension throughout your back.
If you have a bad back, the best beach chairs are those that offer plenty of support. Beach chair designs range from simple folding models to more elaborate “cabana” style setups with ottomans and storage space for all your gear.
The most comfortable option is likely going to be one of these larger cabana-type models because they give you options for adjusting the firmness level.
When it comes to choosing between different types, this means that an inflatable model may not always be the best choice for people who need lots of lumbar support or other neck/back issues; instead opting for something like a high-backed chaise lounge might work better as there’s no chance it will collapse on you when sitting up.
We hope this post has helped you find the best beach chair for your needs. If not, we’re here to help! Reach out and let us know where you need some assistance or what type of information you would like next time. We want our blog posts to be helpful so that everyone can enjoy their summer vacation in comfort with a new purchase from one of these great chairs.